Saturday, August 1, 2009

Is there a cut that will thin my daughters hair?

My daughter is 9 years old and poor girl has soooo much hair. She probably has enough hair for 2 sets of heads. I have had people tell me to get her hair thinned. Is there such thing? Her hair right now is just below her shoulders. She wants to go shorter but she just has way to much hair. Any suggestions?



Is there a cut that will thin my daughters hair?

Go to a very good hairstylist. There is nothing that can actually "thin" the hair, but there are things that can be done to make it look sleeker, such as getting layers and straightening it. You can get your hair chemically relaxed or straightened, but I definitley wouldn't recommend that for a 9 year old.



Is there a cut that will thin my daughters hair?

Yes take her in to a salon, and have the stylist use thinnning sheers, dont try to do it urself, u can really mess up her hair.



Is there a cut that will thin my daughters hair?

Yes, get her a layered cut- the more layers the better. I also have tons of hair and my stylist finishes with razor to give it texture.



Is there a cut that will thin my daughters hair?

Hi



I am a hairstylist/cosmetologist for 25 yrs now. Adding 'lots' of layers can actually take weight off her hair, but may in effect poof her out more. Listen instead to me and the other stylist, and go to a salon and have her hair professionally thinned with thinning shears. Call ahead, and make an appt. with the owner/manager or someone who has a lot of experience doing this. They may add some longer layers, and teach you how to use a flat iron on it as well. You are right to stay away from short hair esp. if she has any curl to her hair as she could get what I call the 'tut' look. LOL. Don't want that at any age ! Good luck !



Is there a cut that will thin my daughters hair?

You can definantly get you daughters hair thinned. The ony problem is some hair saloons will do a bad job because they wont take the time it takes on thick hair. My suggestion due to lots of past experiance is to spend a couple of extra bucks and take her somewhere a little more upscale they have better techniques and will take the time to thin it out correctly. If its not done correctly it will make things worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment